Well, some planning was done, and some code was in production.
That was until my head of school discovered a Paramedic student was doing a Postgraduate eHealth unit, and promptly un-enrolled me. But that was quickly fixed.
I knew the Uni wanted the traditional old 3rd normal form normalisation, and usual tables containing contacts, and so all that was done.
The real tasty bit was the data-defined application idea I had. I ended up calling it 'LinkPin'.
In a nutshell, and to draw on a terrible analogy:
You write pieces to code to render/manage a type of data(section, group, phone number, digital asset, etc).
You create a simple table structure that allows these 'links' to be connected together, partially like a hierarchy, and partially intended to plan the navigation through a software package.
So after 'Pinning' these 'Link' together, wherever the application is pointing to along this chain (or waterfall of links), it knows how to render the link under it, and any descending from it.
It can produce a user interface that is defined by the data structures under it, not trying to fit data into a structure.
Nevertheless, implementing this would have taken some time.
So I knocked together the application, and handed it in.
Naturally, I used the tools I know and love: PHP, FirebirdSQL, a splash of CSS, and a dollop of HTML.
Its feature set:
- Client management, current and outdated contact information(historical support)
- Bookings to see specialists, and notes system to go with the consultancy
- Booking screen with calendar for each specialist, and automatic blocking out for longer appointments.
- Daily run sheets for specialists (so they can see their appointment load in the morning)
- Payment status reports on appointments
- Reports on Specialist's booking loads, and booking trends for hour of the day
- Outstanding account reports
- A WebRTC TeleHealth system for remote client and specialist consultancy
- ...and more. Oh yes, role-based access control(rudimentary)
I had it hooked up to analytics.google.com, and noticed it was suddenly getting some traffic. Then an email arrived:
Your assignment 3 result: 95%
For details please refer to the PDF file in MyLO. If you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
An excellent assignment and a great way to finish the unit. Good luck with the rest of your studies.
It was chuffed! They liked it!
So here it is for you all to play with: http://hopetounregional.com/.
(Note: It's no where near production ready, and if it gets abused, I'll rip it down pretty quick...)
If you'd like to see some of the sources behind it, put the words /bookings/ehealth_submission.tgz on the end.
There should be an .sql file in there with the LinkPin architecture. If anyone want's to collaborate on a project, let me know!